Thursday 15 September 2016

The Creation of a Tinkercad Chair




What inspired me to create a chair was the segment in Objectified with the two designer brothers Ronan Bouroullec and Erwan Bouroullec. This part of the movie really connected with me because I have a younger brother who is creative like me, similar to the movie. Both Bouroullec brothers have different personalities yet they still can work and design together and worked on creating many objects including chairs. It made me wonder if my brother and I could work together creatively in the future and possibly be design partners like the brothers in the documentary.

What inspired me for the design of this chair was a certain IKEA chair I own. The top headrest cushion of the chair is half a cylinder, this is what I decided to base my whole chair off of. I decided to extend this design down the backrest of the chair and the arms to give the office chair a cushiony yet supportive structure.

1 comment:

  1. Roan, this chair design, and your response, made me so happy! Firstly, I love that you connected with the Bouroullec bros segment. Secondly - I would totally buy this chair. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete