Saturday 1 October 2016

Remixed Object Final Result

The Building Blocks


Thingiverse Entry

For some reason Thingiverse thought it would be funny to orientate it like this.
Link: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1800709





Response to Feedback

I received a lot of good feedback on all my objects. My classmates in the discussion all agreed this object was one of the better of the three objects so I decided to run with this idea. The feedback I gathered on this "Genie Bird" was positive, with simple suggestions for building upon my object. The main suggestion I got was to add wings and make it a bit more "bird-like" but to not add too much as to loose the lamp features. One of my group members proposed the idea to add saucers for wings, as it would make it look more like a bird but stay true to the look and feel of the lamp/teapot. While I didn't get this as a suggestion from my colleagues I felt the need to smooth out my object especially in the neck region of the bird and did so in Meshmixer. I felt these were good decisions and I feel it came out nicely.

Remix Culture

My creation relates to remix culture because it is combining multiple objects and is creating something entirely new. I first got the idea for this object while browsing Thingiverse and its huge array of creations. I found the first object for my creation, the genie lamp/teapot (whatever you prefer). When I first saw this object, its spout, the round body, the handle, the shape of a bird came to mind. After finding the other parts I assembled my object in Tinkercad which I found out is a great and easy way to remix and mash objects together. 

After finding the other parts I assembled my object in Tinkercad which I found out is a great and easy way to remix and mash objects together. The object I created is a good example of a remixed or possibly a juxtaposed creation. It combines multiple objects that are entirely different like the lamp and saucers (both inanimate objects) versus the bird, a living animal. By mashing these things together creates somewhat of a unique juxtaposition between a an animal and a regular object with similar forms compared to one another. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment