Monday 7 November 2016

Papercraft Prototype V2

After the first papercraft prototype was complete a second version was needed to be created to refine the design of my object.

This was me experimenting with a new way to construct my object by having the arms of my object go through holes in the middle. I eventually came to the conclusion that it was not worth fussing about for the same structural outcome and time was better spent on the design and graphics on the object. 

More experimenting.



This was the final outcome, I was not that fond of how this second prototype turned out. I had difficulties with glueing my pieces together which I didn't anticipate, even trying vinyl on vinyl glueing. I ended up using tape to hold the parts of my objects together, combined with glue. Even though I faced these challenges I am happy with how the graphics turned out on my object. Looking back on it I wish I did spend more time investigating the "hole" construction method so I didn't have to rely so much upon glue and tape. For the final phase of the object I am going to find a way so I don't have rely so much on the ugly outside taping and delicate glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment